For updated class information and pricing, please visit
www.mommymovementfitness.com


Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October Mom of the Month: Kinsey

Congratulations to our October Mom of the Month:  Kinsey!!!

She is a brand new mom and just started with Strollers In Motion in late August and is doing an amazing job!  I am so excited that she decided to take that first step and contact me!  It is so fun to have her and her son in almost every class!  Kinsey comes to class ready to work hard and  have fun!  She is such an amazing person and I love having her and Henry in class every morning!  Thank you Kinsey for being our Mom of the Month and for always being so positive!  Keep up the amazing work and am excited to cheer you on one of these days on your longer triathlon!  

I love that I get to experience seeing women feel better about themselves after having a baby!  I know from having two little ones myself that it takes awhile for you to feel like 'YOU' again.  I am so privileged that I can hopefully speed up that process a little or just make it a little easier!  Not only getting your body back but with just "feeling good" again!  Thank you moms for allowing me to be apart of your journey!

Here is Kinsey's story about how she started working out again after having her son Henry on June 5th, 2012:


When I first found out I was pregnant I was so excited, not just because I was having a baby, but now I would be able to eat whatever I wanted and have a great excuse not to exercise, little did I know.  I tried to run/walk for a while, but that didn’t last long.  In the past I had run a few half marathons and one full (never again) and I completed my first sprint triathlon last October and was looking forward to training for longer distance triathlons.  However, sitting around at this point sounded like a much easier task while this little human grew inside me.
8 1/2 months pregnant!

Well, as you can imagine I got bigger and bigger.  My doctor didn’t seem to think it was out of control, but I certainly did.  I knew that once I had this baby I would have my work cut out for me.  June 5th arrived and Henry was born.  Exactly three weeks later I was ready to start running again.  I left my new baby with my mother in law, put on the only workout clothes that would fit me and took off.  I made it about four houses before I was huffing and puffing and had to walk.  I couldn’t believe it, I was in such good shape only nine months ago.
Fortunately, my entire family likes to work out and my sister in law mentioned she enjoyed her workouts with Stroller Strides in San Diego.  I went on the search for something similar in Wichita and that’s how I found mommymovementfitness.com.  I emailed Tonya right away to get information and was very excited to start as soon as I could, which turned out to be late August because of our summer travels.  I showed up for Strollers in Motion thinking that it would be a nice relaxing stroll around College Hill Park, but ten minutes in I thought I was going to die.  The only thing that made me show up the next day was how encouraging and supportive all of the moms were throughout the entire workout.
Precious Henry

I am so glad that I continued to go back and still go back most mornings.  Being able to workout with my son everyday has been good for my health and my emotions.  I am gradually getting back into shape and in the process I get to meet amazing moms who are patient enough to help me with all of my parenting questions and continue to encourage me when it feels like I cannot go any farther.  Henry loves to be outside and is enjoying his new BOB stroller.  I know that someday, all too soon, he will be running around the playgrounds with all of the other kids.  I want to thank everyone for giving me such amazing support the last seven weeks and I look forward to many more years (and pregnancies) of being fit! 
Beautiful family!

No comments:

Post a Comment