For updated class information and pricing, please visit
www.mommymovementfitness.com


Wednesday, October 26, 2011

First Holiday Challenge Blogger: Kristin W.

I'm so excited to announce our first Get F.I.T. Holiday Challenge blogger!

I asked Kristin to blog because she did this challenge and the Snowsuit to Swimsuit Challenge last year and has kept the weight off (and more) for a year! 

More importantly than keeping the weight off she has continued to live a healthier lifestyle for her and her family!  She now mentally realizes this is for a life time!!!

Way to go Kristin and so glad you are doing this Holiday challenge to  hold yourself accountable during the most stressful time of year:  the Holiday Season!!!

Here is her story on how she has kept the weight off for a year:

What a beautiful family!

One reason (and a very important one) why I live a healthier life!

When Tonya asked me to blog about my experience with her challenges over this past year I was wondering if she had somehow read my mind! Just the other night while I was out running I started to think about my fitness goals for next year. Then I realized it's going to take some work to top 2011!

I started Strollers in Motion in October 2010. Then I signed up for Tonya's 6 week Holiday Challenge that went from Thanksgiving through the New Year. I had great success with the Holiday Challenge and started 2011 down 5 pounds! During the Holiday Challenge last year it was the accountability that really kept me going. I was consistent about texting Tonya a list of everything I put in my mouth. For me, the idea of having to tell her I ate a bunch of sweets or over indulged in something was enough to keep me away! So I started the New Year off to a great start feeling healthier and excited about the changes I was seeing in my body.

Determined to continue on my fitness journey and motived by our annual summer trip to Las Vegas, I signed up for the Snowsuit to Swimsuit challenge. This challenge really helped me learn that consistency is key!! I learned the importance of planning and discovered how it helps me make the right choices. I sat down and planned out all of my meals every week. I did the hard work and did my resistance training homework three times a week. I started training for my first half marathon. I kept gathering information about healthy food choices and fitness. What I found was the weight just kept coming off! I kept getting stronger and healthier. I was so proud of myself at the end of the 11 weeks at my final assessment when I saw how much I had improved!  


I decided not to sign up for the summer challenge because I had a different challenge in mind. I wanted to see if I could do it all on my own! What I discovered was that everything I learned from the challenges has awarded me with a lifestyle change! For the next five months I was able to keep doing everything we did during the challenges without any guidance. I was truly able to see that consistency is the key to success and that by continuing to follow the things I had learned during the challenges I would be able to keep the weight off. 

So here I am doing this year's Holiday Challenge and it seems like it's all come full circle! I weighed myself a few times this summer and fall just to check in, but I wasn't nearly as consistent about getting on the scale as I was during the challenges. So the true test came when I went in for my assesment for the Holiday Challenge.

I was so happy to find out that I have lost 25 pounds in the last year! I have lost 10.75 inches overall, I went from a size 10 to a size 4 and ran two half marathons!!!! Tonya has given me the support that I needed to change. She has pushed me farther than I ever thought I could go. I've run farther, eaten healthier and done way more squats and push ups than I ever thought I would do in my lifetime! One of my favorite quotes is "be the change you seek." From Tonya's challenges I have learned I am in control of my health and fitness and if something is going to change, I need to make it happen!! There are times when it's been tough to keep on track but I've always tried to pick myself up and treat each day like it's a clean slate. My year long fitness journey has shown me that the rewards of a healthy lifestyle are endless!!


Keep up the great work Kristin!  So proud of you!
 
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment