For updated class information and pricing, please visit
www.mommymovementfitness.com


Tuesday, July 31, 2012

August: Mom of the Month

In HONOR of the Olympics this month I thought it would be fun to have a mom of the month that has been an athlete pretty much her whole life and continues to volunteer her time to organized sports in our community!


CONGRATULATIONS to Megan S.!  


I am so happy to have known Megan for the past few years.  She is an amazing person with a huge heart!  She not only comes to MommyMovement Fitness classes but she also coaches track and volleyball!  I would love for her to be Skylyn's coach someday!  Thank you Megan for coming to class and working hard!  You are awesome!


Here is Megan's story:



I am an athlete. It is one of the many roles that define who I am.  Volleyball, basketball and track in high school and volleyball in college. Sports have always been a big part of my life! Following the birth of my son, when I found myself in the worse physical shape of my life and battling postpartum depression, I struggled to get my competitive drive back. Meeting Tonya was my turning point.  She was a former college athlete too and understood exactly where I had come from and where I wanted to be. That was four years ago and I am still going strong!


Megan and her beautiful kiddos!

Tonya's workouts give you the opportunity to push yourself to new limits, something athletes find peace in. Each workout is diverse which strengthens and tones muscle and builds endurance. I am grateful for the knowledge Tonya has in injury management. The very sports I love have been hard on my body but Tonya has helped me manage these injuries in ways that allow me to continue to work out and stay healthy. And I can't say enough how awesome it is to have my kids with me while I work out!


Such cuties!

Even though my playing days are over, sports are still a big part of my life and now a part of life for my kids. I coach junior high volleyball and track and Wyatt and Lorelai come right along with me, attending practices, matches and meets. As they reach the age of becoming athletes themselves, I hope they draw from the experiences they had with me while we ran through parks, up and down and up and down the WSU stairs and rowed our way through many renditions of Row, Row, Row Your Boat. Because my workouts just aren't for me, they are about them too. Every time I attend a class, they see a mom who makes her health a priority. They see a mom who wants to lead an active lifestyle. They see a mom who loves them and wants them to understand the importance of having a healthy mind, body and soul. They get to see me and it is worth every bead of sweat and every mile run. 
Megan coaching her VB team!

Thank you Megan for taking care of yourself and showing not only YOUR kids how important fitness is but also other kids in our community!

Keep it up girl!  You are greatly appreciated!

Commit to be F.I.T. in 2012,

Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment