For updated class information and pricing, please visit
www.mommymovementfitness.com


Friday, February 1, 2013

February Families of the Month

Happy Heart Healthy Month!

This is one of my favorite months for a couple of reasons!  One is of course all the LOVE in February and the other is really concentrating on taking care of our most important muscle, our HEART!  This is the month to start MOVING AND BE ACTIVE!  
I am doing something a little different this month for "Mom of the Month."  I am dedicating this month to ALL families in MommyMovement Fitness!  It doesn't matter what class format you are in you are role models and setting positive, healthy examples for your family!

They are saying that our kids may not out live their parents because of the rise of over-weight and obese kids in America.  That weighs very heavy on my HEART.  So when I see kids having fun exercising with their parents or hear stories about them exercising at home or see pictures it makes my HEART so happy!  I am fortunate that I have a LOVE and PASSION for exercise but majority of families don't that is why our children are becoming bigger each year:
  • Percent of adolescents age 12-19 years who are obese: 18.4% (2009-2010)
  • Percent of children age 6-11 years who are obese: 18.0% (2009-2010)
  • Percent of children age 2-5 years who are obese: 12.1% (2009-2010)
Our children need to move and be active!  I'm not saying they can't watch TV or play video games anymore.  Just put a limit on it!  If you do not have a passion or love for exercise make small changes for your LOVED ones!  Your body and your kids body will LOVE it!!!  And you never know you may get used to it and learn to LOVE TO MOVE!  

Play games, do exercises together, go on walks and bike rides, fly kites, play frisbee, jump on trampolines, etc!  Make it fun and ENJOY each other!

The stats show that kids who watch their parents workout are 80% more likely to be active as adults!  

I LOVE that everyday I get to be surrounded by families who want to learn more on taking care of their bodies and be great role models for their kids!  I am so proud of all of you and so blessed that I have gotten to see so many happy kids grow up and know that exercise is fun!



Thank you and much LOVE to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment