For updated class information and pricing, please visit
www.mommymovementfitness.com


Monday, February 28, 2011

Continue with Moms of the Month for February!

Just in time!  Here is our last mom for Moms of the Month for February!  We are still going behind the scences of MommyMovement Fitness (MMF). 

Erin is our mom that is the organizer for our play group MommyConnection (go to http://www.meetup.com/ and enter in Wichita MommyConnection to check it out)!  She has been in this position for almost 2 years (man how time flys)! 

She has done an amazing job with the group (we now have 211 members)!  Erin organizes play groups, keeps up with the calendar and handles everything related to the group!  Thank you so much Erin!!!  I always know I can rely on you to do a fabulous job!

Read all about Erin below:

Erin and her beautiful girls!
Hi, my name is Erin Kozlowski and I am the coordinator for Wichita MommyConnection. I have  been so fortunate to have the opportunity to meet so many wonderful mom's and kids through this group and have been doing so for almost 2 years now.  I moved to Wichita from Kansas City almost 5 years ago and didn't know anyone. Without any family support in town I was really searching for a way to make friends for both me and my girls. Then the opportunity to be the coordinator for MommyConnection presented itself and it was the perfect way for me to get to meet a lot of great people as well as learn more about the different activities for kids here in Wichita. As coordinator for the group I greet new members ( I think that we are up to 200 + members now!!) , schedule events for the group, and manage any sponsorships. I certainly don't do it alone !! The group has two awesome assistant coordinators Jennifer Subero and Tonya Wells who help make the group a success! It has been so great to get to see the MommyConnection family grow!


First of all what is your favorite pair of shoes and why?
I am all about comfort, so my favorite pair of shoes are going to be my most comfortable ones! We are on the go a lot and so I like shoes that I can slip on quickly and those that  won't slow me down when I am trying to keep up with my 2 and 4 year old!!  I pretty much live in my comfy boots or tennis shoes.




Did you start Mommy Movement Fitness to lose weight?
YES! I initially started with the Core Fusion class and loved it! I was amazed at how quickly my body started to change. I could feel myself getting stronger and I loved that feeling. It was really motivating. I had 2 babies within a 2 year time period and had not taken care of myself at all …...and it showed! Working out was something that I always dreaded and definitely not something that I wanted to be doing when I was exhausted from staying up at night with one of (or sometimes both) of the girls. BUT, I also hated the way that I looked and felt.  I couldn't fit into any of my clothes and had no energy. The core fusion opened my eyes to how I could feel if I started taking care of myself and I realized that I would be a better mom and wife if I started to get into shape.  Then Tonya started doing her challenge. I signed up and lost 20 lbs by participating in Core Fusion and Strollers in Motion and following her nutrition plan. It was the best feeling ever!!!!

What formats do you do? 
Initially I started out participating in the Core Fusion class and then I was introduced to Strollers in Motion, which I have been doing for 2 ½ years now. I  have  participated in the weight loss challenge ( lost 20 lbs ---who hoo) and the running club. Two years ago I completed my first half marathon—something I NEVER thought I was capable of until joining Mommy Movement Fitness!


How has Mommy Movement Fitness changed your life and/or your families life? Be as specific as you can!

Wow, not sure my words can describe the amazing transformation my family and I have experienced as a result of Mommy Movement Fitness!  After having my second daughter I was very unhappy with how I looked and felt . Sadly those feelings were being reflected in how I acted and treated people...mainly my husband and kids. I felt so overwhelmed with the daily tasks of being a mom that I didn't think that I could make time for myself let alone to work out. I had no family in town and what would I do with the kids while I worked out? Then someone suggested I try a Core Fusion class since it was in the evening and my husband could be home to watch the girls. I tried it out and loved it.....I could see that I was starting to tone up and noticed how my mood started to change.  In passing one evening I mentioned to Tonya how bad the extra weight I had put on was making me feel. She sat down with me and helped me figure out how I could fit working out into my schedule and Strollers in Motion was the perfect fit—and has been ever since. Not only am I 20 lbs lighter but I am happier and have much more energy. I have completed a half marathon and my two girls now know the importance of a healthy lifestyle! 

So in a nutshell:
before Mommy Movement Fitness.:
overweight, depressed, no energy, no clothes fit

After joining Mommy Movement Fitness:
 look better, feel great, feel good about modeling healthy habits for my kids, accomplished fitness goals like running a half marathon, and made great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment