For updated class information and pricing, please visit
www.mommymovementfitness.com


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First Mom of the Month for February!!!

Megan S. and Erin K. are the Moms of the Month this month!  We are still taking a look behind the scenes of MommyMovement Fitness.  These two wonderful ladies do so much to help my business. 

Megan is in charge of the part of MommyMovement Fitness called Helping Others.  This is a program that we put together a year ago.  I came to Megan and asked her if she would check out a few charities around Wichita and see if she felt MommyMovement Fitness would fit with any of them.  She came to me the next week and said she had a great feeling about the YWCA Women's Shelter.  Here we are a year later donating every month to the shelter and helping so many women and children. 

I love that we do this because I love to volunteer but do not have the 'time' to but by donating I feel really good.

I want to take this time to thank you Megan for everything you do.  I am so happy that you take time out of your busy schedule to help others!  You truely are a blessing!!!  Megan also helps Rachel with our Meals On Wheels.  She helps Rachel organize all the pregnant moms that are having their little ones so we can get meals to their family!  Thank you Megan for everything you do!  You are a wonderful person!

Here is Megan's story:

I’m Megan Sullenger and I coordinate the donations MMF collects for the YWCA Women’s Shelter.  I have worked as this liaison for a year now and it has opened my eyes in so many ways.  Every month, I meet with the shelter director to hand over the goodies you all have purchased.  This also gives me the opportunity to ask questions, listen and learn about the life of an abused woman.  It is so hard to hear about their struggles and their children enduring the hardships but it also keeps me focused on how important our donations are to ensuring them a new start in life.  These women enter the shelter with nothing, no identification that proves who they are, no clothes but what is on their backs, and fear.  Lots of fear.  Your donations have been such a blessing to these women and the shelter workers who are tirelessly helping these women and their children heal and find a new life.  It is my pleasure to get to work so closely with them and I hope to be able to share more stories with you that will inspire you and open your eyes to the importance of Helping Others.

Megan and her son, Wyatt

First of all what is your favorite pair of shoes and why?
I am a country girl at heart and have a couple pair of boots in my closet that I love!  They are so comfy and I can wear them to do just about anything, including one of my favorite hobbies, horseback riding.  I also love my Crocs.  Two years ago I was diagnosed with moderate to severe degenerative disk disease (DDD).  This meant no more flip flops, until I found my Crocs!  I can wear them all day long and not have back pain.  Plus, they are easy to slip on and off when you have armfuls of kids, groceries, etc.  Lastly, I can’t live without my tennis shoes.  I have always been an athlete so a good pair of shoes that keep up with volleyball, running, walking and everything in between is a must in my closet.


Why do you feel you walk in these particular shoes?
I don’t keep shoes around unless they are comfortable otherwise they just sit in my closet and take up space.  My size 11 feet also limits my options of “cute” shoes.  I always find shoes I like until I see what they look like in size 11.  The cute shoes now look like canoes! 

Did you start Mommy Movement Fitness to lose weight?
I did start MMF to lose weight after I had my son.  I had never been that out of shape in my life and it bothered me every day.  I had always been able to push myself to stay in shape but I found with a baby, it was difficult to organize my day and motivate myself to do anything but take care of him.  Wyatt became my life and everything else stopped.  My DDD was incredibly painful and I found myself crawling around the house to get things done.  In my mind, once a college athlete, always a college athlete and being that out of shape was embarrassing and depressing.  I started going to the mall to walk because it was winter and saw signs up for MMF.  I tried the free class and it was exactly what I needed!  Tonya was knowledgeable about postpartum exercising, my back injury and listened to me when I told her where I was with my health and where I wanted to be.  She became my champion in fitness and I was thrilled as I attended classes and watched my body change. 
What formats do you do? 
I have participated in Strollers in Motion and Core Fusion.  I attend Strollers in Motion most every day it is offered.  It has been a great way to tone my entire body and be in better overall shape.  Core Fusion has been great for my back injury.  I needed chiropractic care often before I started the classes and the classes helped strengthen my core so much that it decreased my back pain and I hardly needed to visit my chiropractor!
How has Mommy Movement Fitness changed your life and/or your families life? Be as specific as you can!
When I started MMF, I was out of shape and not able to keep up with my son and the demands I placed on myself.  I now have more energy than ever!  My son, Wyatt, loves coming to class and seeing his friends and I have met some wonderful ladies that I love dearly.  I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and have enjoyed being able to stay fit and healthy throughout my pregnancy.  I am looking forward to introducing another little one to a life of exercise!
You look beautiful Megan!!!  Can't wait to meet that little girl!

Thank you again Megan for everything you do for me and MommyMovement Fitness!

Be looking for Erin's story next!

F.I.T. in 2011,

Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment