For updated class information and pricing, please visit
www.mommymovementfitness.com


Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mom On A Mission :: Johnston's Half Marathon

in Stacy's words : 5/2/2011

I feel amazing!  Yesterday was my half marathon and feel like I'm on cloud nine today.  I may be sore, but it is worth it.  I have received so many supportive words and have friends that have been inspired and want to try for the half marathon in October.  The sense of achievement is amazing.  It was a challenge and there were times where I wanted to slow down, but Tonya and the fans were so wonderful.  I pushed through the fatigue and pain and I feel like such a stronger person both inside and out.  On race day, the atmosphere was great.  Everybody there was so friendly and when they saw someone slowing down, they always seemed to have words of encouragement.  I felt very welcome in the running community.  I can't wait for future runs. 

 It makes me feel happy to know that I am setting a better example for my kiddos.  Sadie was there to cheer me on.  After the race yesterday, she wouldn't leave my side.  She kept talking about the "marathon" and how mommy ran.  I could tell she was proud and it just melted my heart.  I know that my goals to live a healthier lifestyle will have major impact on kids and family.  This makes me feel good.

This journey has been challenging and I know that the challenges will continue, but I know how to better handle them now.  Running and excercise has become my outlet rather than eating.  I'm ready for the new challenges life will bring.

I want to thank Tonya and my family from the bottom of my heart.  Without you all, I couldn't and wouldn't have done this.

No comments:

Post a Comment