For updated class information and pricing, please visit
www.mommymovementfitness.com


Monday, June 20, 2011

Mom On A Mission :: Week 4

Dear Friends-
I am so excited!!! I am starting to see a few small changes in my body. My hubby and I are getting ready to leave for a trip and while it is great problem to have, it has been a little stressful to find clothes and swimsuits that fit. I didn’t think I had lost enough to make a difference in my clothes, but when I went to try on a couple of my summer sundresses and my swimsuits that I was planning to take, they were too big!!!! I realize I am a ways away from my target goal, but it’s still fun to hunt for some new clothes.

On a different note, I went to the doctor this week due to my knee pain. It’s gotten very painful. She sent me to a PT and he has restricted me to walking only. No running for at least 6 weeks and “I get” to do exercises everyday in hopes of strengthening my muscles and tendons around my knee caps. : ) No lunges either. : ( So, if you happen to see me walking and not doing lunges at Mom’s in Motion, now you know why. I guess the silver lining to this is that at least it’s summertime and I am not having to do all of this while teaching school. If you are in the education industry, I am sure you understand what I am talking about. Everything happens for a reason. I have no idea whether I will hit my final weight goal or not, but I am going to do everything I can to succeed. Then, no matter what, I can honestly say that I have done all that could be done, in the circumstances that have been presented to me. Like Tonya says, it’s really not about the number, but what have I learned or done to make better lifestyle changes in my life and my family’s life. I will press on!!!!!!

So, my two new focuses for the next few weeks are going to be:
1. Figuring out how to burn calories without running- I plan to do a lot of walking, using the elliptical, and swimming, and am taking my bands and tubes with me on vacation.
2. How to eat healthier while on vacation. I am going to have to ask the restaurants how their food is prepared, and not feel like I am bothering the staff to make the food how I need it to be prepared. I don’t like being a pest- but this is something that I will just have to do if I want to keep heading in the right direction.
I hope you and your families are having a wonderful summer!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment