For updated class information and pricing, please visit
www.mommymovementfitness.com


Thursday, January 20, 2011

2011 Mom On A Mission :: Stacy Aylward


Meet Stacy, our first 2011 Mom On A Mission! All of her stats, videos, pictures, and a link to all of her blog posts documenting her experience you can find on the Mom On A Mission page!

 




in Stacy's words
************************
“Boy, you look great and you say your baby is only 2 months old?”  I found myself noticing how great my friends looked after coming back from maternity leave.  It seemed like everybody had lost their “baby weight” and was doing wonderful.  Unfortunately, I didn’t look so great when I returned to work from maternity leave.  Nobody ever mentioned to me “you look great.”  I noticed that I was a bit fluffy and none of my pre-baby clothes fit.  I felt embarrassed to have to wear my scrubs, and to smooth out the ripples and roles I wore my lovely Spanx.  After my first baby I had about 15 pounds that I couldn’t get off.  When you’re 5’2” those extra pounds go a long way.   I began to get some of that baby weight off when I got pregnant with my second baby.   So here I am now with a 7 month old baby and about 20 pounds to loose. 

My name is Stacy Aylward and I’m 31 years old.  I have a wonderful husband and two sweet kiddos named Sadie who is 3 years old and Sam who is 7 months old.  I work full time as a nurse practitioner (I’m like a PA, but was a nurse first) for a practice clear on the east side of town.  I have long days in the OR, hospital and clinic and often times don’t get home until after 5:30.  I love my job, but it does take away from my valuable time with my family and time for myself. 

I feel so blessed to have this opportunity.  I’ve decided to take this journey to #1 feel better about myself.  I want more energy to play with the kiddos and to have an outlet for stress relief.  I want to look healthier as well and to be a better example for my children, family and patients. 

There are many factors that have led me to an unhealthy lifestyle.  I think that it all started when I got married.  I’m definitely not trying to put my husband down, but I must say that he didn’t have the best eating habits.  I adopted those habits because it was convenient and if he cooked a big dinner for us I wasn’t going to say “no.”  Another contributing factor would have to be lack of time and convenience.  I’m going to have to change those habits.  I know I’m going to miss the Hershey’s kisses and French fries, but I’m ready to give ‘em up. 

So here are my goals for the mission:
  1. Fit into my size 10 Gap jeans without some serious muffin tops
  2. Lose 20 pounds
  3. Be able to do 25 regular push ups with good form
  4. The Johnson’s half marathon

Thank you Tonya for guiding me through this mission.  I’m ready to take this tough journey with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment